Remote Viewing (or RV) is a Psi power. It allows you to leave your body to go explore. Your body is still vulnerable to attack, but your RV 'projection' is invisible.
Using it you can:
- Spy on enemies without them noticing.
- Look at the other side of a locked door.
- Use it to know what you're up against, and plan your attack.
There is a second form of remote viewing that shows Nick details of puzzles and/or enemies in the next room, this is not a selectable power and own happens several times during the game. It is possible it is a form of precognition.
Like all powers, RV has weaknesses.
- There is a limit to how far you can travel in RV before the screen fades to white and you are pulled back to your body.
- Enemies can still shoot your body while you are away.
- Can only travel though doors, not solid walls.
- The 'projection' is affected by gravity, limiting its travel options.